4. SELF-DIRECTION & RESPONSIBILITY: You take full ownership of your learning process, the pace at which you complete the course, and offering clients effective sessions. You take full responsibility for your schedule, attending workshops, holding sessions, and submitting session notes. You will seek to solve learning and technical questions yourself first, before reaching out to tech support or to your mentor for answers. You understand that learning is a self-defined commitment that can be supported, but not led, by trainers, mentors, and/or other students.
5. SELF-PACING AND COMPLETION GOALS: This course is self-paced but falls in a specific timeline based upon the two pre-scheduled workshops. It is imperative you conduct practice sessions working on skills and techniques taught in the workshops. Fulfilling your practice session requirements for each specific skill set before attending the next workshop will maximize your learning experience.
6. COMPETENCY & PROFESSIONALISM: During the certification course you are trained to demonstrate the skills, competency, and professionalism required to offer sessions to future clients. If a mentor determines that additional requirements are necessary to demonstrate mastery, the mentor will communicate these requirements to you promptly.
7. LIVE WORKSHOP: You must attend both live workshops to complete Energy Psychology certification. The workshops will encompass all the skills and techniques required. There will not be additional practice skills calls to review, so your attendance is critical.
8. RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CLIENTS: As a candidate, you are responsible for all aspects of the practitioner relationship with your clients. Your mentor is not liable for, or responsible for, your sessions with clients. Mentoring involves giving you feedback on your client sessions rather than supervision of your sessions.
9. DEMONSTRATING YOUR SKILLS: During the mentoring process, you will thoroughly read, review, and show understanding of Skill Set 2, the Unfinished Conversations Technique, and the Skill Set 3, the Invisible Counselor Technique. You will complete the required number of case studies for each Skill Set. You will submit 2-3 case studies at a time, receive feedback from your mentor, and show in the next set of cases that you’ve implemented that feedback. Case study templates can be found in the Quick Start Guide. Your mentor will review your cases and give feedback within two weeks of submission.
In certain circumstances, your mentor may determine that you need development in certain techniques, and require submission of additional cases demonstrating these skills.
10. PERSONAL WORK: You will complete at least 2 hours of personal work on your own issues during the course of certification. You will write up summaries of what you addressed and who you worked with. These personal work sessions should include the techniques and/or skills demonstrated in the Energy Psychology workshops.